Designed as the mid-high frequency section of Pioneer's XY-3B, the XY-2E is an 8" two-way passive/bi-amp mid-high loudspeaker that can be used in ground-stacked point-source arrays to facilitate venues with low ceilings.
The 1" and 8" drivers are arranged in a quasi-coaxial molded bi-horn design that time aligns them reducing cancellation around the crossover frequency. This design results in clear, intelligible mids and highs with no smearing. The waveguide's 50 x 35 (horizontal x vertical) dispersion range produces natural sound with high SPL in the targeted area while reducing the sound pressure outside that area.
You can choose to set the XY-2E to passive mode yielding the classic XY series sound or run it in bi-amp mode, which allows you to power the 1" and 8" drivers individually.
Pioneer XY-2E Features:
- Time-aligned moulded bi-horn design
- Passive or bi-amp control option
- X-Phase system with gold X-Phase plug
- Suitable for various configurations
- Impact-resistant finish
Pioneer XY-2E Specifications:
- Product Name: XY-2E
- Loudspeaker Type: 8” two-way Passive/Bi-amp mid-high loudspeaker
- Enclosure: 15 mm / 0.6" birch plywood
- Finish: Impact and weather resistant textured polyurethane paint,
- Frequency response (+/ -3dB)
- Passsive mode: 235 Hz–17 kHz (-10 dB @ 150 Hz)
- Bi-amp mode: MF: 235 Hz–3.5 kHz (-10 dB @ 150 Hz) / HF: 1.4 kHz–17 kHz
- *Measured on-axis at 2m in an anechoic environment and referenced to 1m
- Sensitivity (1W/1m)
- Passsive mode: 107 dB
- Bi-amp mode: MF: 107 dB / HF: 110 dB *Measured in half space at 2m with 4W sine wave input and referenced to 1m
- Nominal Impedance
- Passsive mode: 8 Ω
- Bi-amp mode: MF: 8 Ω / HF: 8 Ω
- Power Handling AES
- Passsive mode: 270 W RMS, 1080 W Peak
- Bi-amp mode: MF: 200 W RMS, 800 W Peak / HF: 70 W RMS, 280 W Peak *AES Standard ANSI S4.26-1984.
- Transformer taps: 50 °H × 35 °V *Nominal dispersion, measured in an anechoic environment and averaged over stated bandwidth
- Power Handling (RMS/Program): 130 dB(cont.), 136 dB(peak) *Calculated at 1m, and verified by subjective listening test of familiar program material
- Maximum SPL
- MF: 8" neodymium cone driver
- HF: 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- Driver Configuration: Neutrik speakON™ NL4MD-V x 2
- Dimensions ( W x H x D): 530 x 578 x 540 mm / 20.7" x 22.8" x 21.3"
- Weight: 29.0 kg / 63.9 lb